„Mutual benefit“ Cooperative is a newly created operation with the aim to produce, market and sell shelfstable quality food products made from locally grown vegetables, fruits and berries, mainly sterilized and glass jarred products.
To advice the cooperative director how to set up an operation with businessplan to produce quality products, advise and train staff about food safety, hygiene and basic food processing principles, develop and create production recipes for salads and jam, establish concept and layout for installation of a small scale facility, advise about feasability, concept and methodes to operate a facility, asses raw material suppliers, their storage capacity and possible glass jar supply.
- created, produced and tasted 4 different jam recipes with local berries
- created, produced and tasted 4 different pickeled salads in glass jars
- investigated and designed layout plans for two production facilities
- visited and assessed several vegetable suppliers and their storage facilities
- visited and assessed local equipment suppliers for an investment
- explored possible raw-material and glass jar supply sources
- did a presentation to cooperative executives and district officer about basic food safety and hygiene rules for food processing and handling
- helped cooperative director to fence off future production site
- assessed and tested existing equipment in a cooperative building
- handed over documents and soft copies with proposal for next steps